SLIME CARE, TIPS FOR BEGINNERS & POLICY
WATCH THIS HELPFUL VIDEO IF YOU ARE NEW TO KY-SLIME OR A NEW SLIMER! WE WANT YOU TO ENJOY THESE SLIMES AS MUCH AS WE DO!
THINGS TO REMEMBER
- Poke your slime with ONE FINGER to make sure it isn't too sticky
- Make activator BEFORE attempting to touch your slime. You most likely need to active slime every time you play.
- Wash your hands & apply lotion before touching slime (slime will leave a residue on dirty hands and will stick to your hands) we suggest unscented lotion so the scent of your lotion will not clash with slime scents. DIRTY HANDS WILL DEFLATE SLIME FASTER.
- Play with slime on or over a clean table
- Handle slime with quick movements so it doesn't stick to your hands.
- Dirty hands will deflate slime and will shorten life of slime.
- Have fun and get creative, there is no wrong way to play with slime
HOW TO MAKE + USE ACTIVATOR
- Add 1 tsp borax to 1 cup of hot water.
- Mix solution until the borax dissolves. Keep mixing until borax granuals go away. Or it will not be effective.
- Add solution to slime in SMALL AMOUNTS.
- Knead slime until not sticky.
GENERAL SLIME TIPS
HARD? If it's cold out, your slime may be stiff. Warming it up with your hands will help. If it's still too hard you can try adding clear glue or white glue.
NOT STRETCHY? simply add lotion to slime!
MELTED? If you slime arrives melted, put in fridge for a few hours or overnight. Take out & activate until good consistency.
Remember: slime naturally melts over time!
STICKY? Add activator in small amounts! Knead and activate until slime is not sticky.
STILL STICKY? Not all slimes are meant to be holdable! Some slimes are meant to be played with on surfaces. You can also try poking and handling it quickly.
SLUSHEE + FISHBOWL + FLOAM TIPS
HARD? Try adding in some clear glue to soften it, but letting it sit in the sun or melt naturally is a safer way!
BEADS FALLING OUT? Over-activating slime or adding anything else but glue will cause beads to fall out! Unfortunately, there is not much you can do to fix it after this.
CLOUD SLIME TIPS
HARD? Try adding in some lotion or glue to soften it!
CRUMBLING? Add activator in small amounts & knead until smooth. If you're too lazy to knead the lumps out, wait a day for the activator to absorb!
CARING FOR YOUR SLIME
Slime has a limited life span of a few months. If you take care of your slime and store in a cool environment, your slime could last up to a year.
It is normal for slime to shrink and deflate over time! Most of the time, all you have to do is activate (spray slime rescue) play, stretch & pull for a minute to inflate again.
- Wash your hands before touching your slime to reduce the dirt, dust & bacteria in your slime. Dirty hands will deflate slime faster and shorten the life of your slime. Bacteria in the slime can also create mold in the slime as well.
- Always keep your slime in its container with lid closed securely when you're not playing with it to prevent it from drying out or shrinking!
- Reactivate and play with slime frequently! It's difficult to activate slime that has completely melted.
- Store in a cool dry place or in air conditioning. Do not store near sun, direct sunlight or by a window. Condensation can form inside the jar resulting in mold.